Bombshell Blondes and Bathing Beauties will abound the third weekend in May as Conroe’s Southern Star Brewing Company, makers of the popular Bombshell Blonde Ale, and Del Papa Distributing return to the Hotel Galvez & Spa® Galveston Island Beach Revue. Held May 20 and 21, the Beach Revue is Galveston’s official kick-off to summer and is free to the public. The annual event, headlined by the Bathing Beauties Contest, will be celebrating its sixth year.
In addition to their support of the event, Southern Star and Del Papa’s 2-Row Distributing, will be hosting special pint nights and tastings leading up to Beach Revue weekend.
- Thursday, May 19 @ Del Papa Distributing – 5 p.m. (details here)
- Featuring a tap takeover of Southern Star Brewing Company beers!
- Friday, May 20 @ Galveston Island Beach Revue – 6:30 p.m. (details here)
- Enjoy complimentary Bombshell Blonde on draught (while supplies last) at the Friday night kickoff!
- Friday, May 20 @ Beerfoot Brewery – 8 p.m. (details here)
- Featuring a special Beerfoot Brewery and Southern Star Brewing Company collaboration beer. Brewed especially for the 2016 Galveston Island Beach Revue!
“Craft beer has never been bigger, or better, and having one of the Houston areas best breweries involved with this year’s Galveston Island Beach Revue is tremendous,” states Will Wright, co-owner of Islander By Choice, LLC, producers of the event. “With American Craft Beer Week taking place during this year’s event, we look forward to celebrating the fruits of these brewers’ labors with some great special events.”
The weekend will feature a craft beer tasting on Saturday afternoon as well as special appearances by bathing beauties and Beach Revue focused events leading up to the main weekend.
“We welcome the opportunity to support American Craft Beer Week and show off our extensive craft beer portfolio through these special, one-of-a-kind events,” said Matthew Sweatt, Special Event Marketing Director for Del Papa Distributing. “Craft breweries, made up of hard-working, creative individuals, deserve our support and we toast to their growth and continued success.”