2016 TOP 10 (left to right): Christina White of Miami, FL (Top 10); Taylor Long of Houston, TX (1); Helen Doherty of Annapolis, MD (5); Rachel Dragony of Midwest City, OK (3); Kate Watson of Dudley, MA (4 and Healthmatters Most Beautiful Back); Katrina Ross of Newton, New Jersey (2); Katy-Grace Cravis of New Brockton, AR (Top 10); Haley Cochran of Salt Lake City, UT (Top 10); Colleen LaBlanc of The Woodlands, TX (Top 10); Jessica McCarroll of Pasadena, TX (Top 10). Not pictured is Jordan Cunningham of Burnsville, MN (Crowd Favorite).
Always a crowd favorite, the weekend’s main event is the Bathing Beauties Contest beginning. Retro swim wear is chic and vintage is king as contestants from across the country catwalk across Galveston’s historic shoreline modeling vintage and vintage inspired swim wear and accessories that echo the “good ole days” of Galveston’s summertime history. Classic pinup styles, the likes that Esther Williams, Marilyn Monroe and Bettie Page made famous, will heat up the beaches as 40 contestants vie for cash prizes and top honors.
2017 REGISTRATION APPLICATION
- Cut-off date to register / enter is Friday, May 12th, 2017, or when entry maximum is filled.
- Registration is limited to the first 40 accepted applicants.
- Contestants are chosen based on the quality of their vintage or vintage-inspired swimsuit and are not selected on a first come, first serve basis. We encourage applicants not to apply until they have their applications complete.
- Applications must be filled out in full, including a picture of your actual vintage or vintage-inspired swimsuit. Applications that are missing information will not be accepted. Changes cannot be made after submission.
- Application fee will be returned to you if you are not accepted as a contestant.
- You have not been accepted until you are notified via email of your acceptance which will include your contestant packet with Contest information.
- First round of applicants will be notified of acceptance by March 15. The second round of contestants will be notified April 1.
|Meg Baertl Brown|
Port Bolivar, TX
Salt Lake City, UT
|Katy Grace Cravis|
New Brockton, AL
Midwest City, OK
Grand Prairie, TX
Cedar Park, TX
The Woodlands, TX
Little Rock, AR
New Berlin, WI
Colorado Springs, CO
- 1st place – $750 check, 2-night stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa ($595 value), winner sash, year membership to Studeio 85
- 2nd place – $400 check & 2nd place sash
- 3rd place – $200 check & 3rd place sash
- 4th place – 4th place sash
- 5th place – 5th place sash
- Crowd Favorite – Crowd Favorite sash
- Healthmatters “Most Beautiful Back” – 1 year of monthly massages, a year’s membership to Studio 85, crown, sash & trophy
- All contestants will receive a gift certificate for a free massage courtesy of Healthmatters